Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Uh! Buying a house is so unpredictable. We thought that we were going to be closing on the 23rd, but now it's going to be more like the 27th.

That causes a problem for me. Aaron in coming to get the kids and me on the 20th. So, we are going to have an entire week of living in a hotel. Man, I sure hope there are plenty of kid friendly things to do in the bay area. As a lot of you know I have some social anxieties, so it is going to be super hard to get out and do stuff without anyone I know.

Anyway, on a lighter note, the kids, my mom and I went to the children's museum. That was fun.....for a while. I don't have the patience to stay at each exhibit for half an hour, especially when the children I'm with either are too young or just plain aren't interested in understanding why things are working the way they are.

Today we went to the dinosaur museum. I was worried about taking Ethan because he often talks about bad dreams with dinosaurs in them. But he and Vaughn really enjoyed it. However I think this museum was too much for older kids for them to appriciate fully. There was a lot of reading and other stuff that they just didn't have the interest in. They just like looking at the dinasaur bones a moving on. Too bad I had to pay $24 dollars for only an hour of running around.

3 comments:

princess jen said...

I had heard that about the dinosaur museum and hence we haven't gone there yet!
Do some internet searches now for things to do in SanFran so you have a list of ideas before you even get there. I love you!!

Miriam said...

That is one of the reasons I didn't go. But the sand box is really fun. Isn't the children s museum expensive too?

beccabeck said...

Let me tell you... Golden Gate Park is really nice and easy to get to. There is a Japanese Tea Garden with a really great bridge that the boys are sure to love. There were always a ton of kids there when I would hang out these. There is a kids museum in the park as well as a science center... and it is right off of Haight Street and Ameoba Music! Not so hot for the kiddos but sooo much fun for you!!
There is an Underwater World off of the Pier near Ghiradelli Square that I am looking forward to taking Gabe to next month. You can ride the Trolley to that from the BART station off of Union Ave. Hope some of this was helpful. I will be there on March 22.
L8r.