Monday, February 1, 2010

Darling Delightful Delilah


Thank you all for your subject suggestions. Apparently people want to know about our new baby. I don't know why, she is a bit of a bore really ;)

Delilah (no middle name) Olson was born on December 15th, so that is 4 days after her due date. I was very annoyed about this and at the doctor for not inducing me two weeks early like what happened with my older two. So that meant I had to go into labor on my own, and feel all of the woman-making pain that goes with it. I won't go into the details of the labor, I'll just get to the good part - She was born at 9 lbs. 21 in. and seven weeks later she is over 13 pounds. Delilah is no longer on the growth chart and the pediatrician actually called her a "giant."

Delilah's brothers love her, Ethan a little more so than Vaughn, but that is probably because Vaughn got bumped from baby status and lost the name that goes with the position. We are all enjoying having pink, and dresses, and sugar and spice and everything nice in our house. The teeter-toter of testosterone and estrogen in our house is evening out a bit. Hooray!

I'm being summoned by her little voice, so I must go. But I'll get more pics of her and the boys later.

5 comments:

Hollie Robb said...

Cute:)

Anonymous said...

Now that you have blue clothes and pink clothes you can have tons and tons of kids. Tee hee hee. jk by the way how many kids do you want? I love you tons and miss you more

princess jen said...

So sweet!! I'm glad you have this precious little girl in your family to even things out ;) I miss you so much!!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll. I can't wait for our little ones to meet. I love you lots.

Miriam said...

I can't wait to see more pictures. I still need to see pictures of your house. Tell Ethan and Vaughn that I love them and miss them. I think your Delilah and my Samuel will make the perfect match in 22 years. :)