Sunday, February 28, 2010

The kid is in kindergarten. Sheesh!















This is a conversation Ethan and I had while the family was outside weeding the garden.

Ethan - Mom, I'm going to marry Madison (a classmate.)

Me - Why are you going to marry Madison?

Ethan - Because she is my friend and I love her.

Me - Who taught you about getting married?

Ethan - Andre (another classmate.)

Me - Does Madison know you are going to marry her?

Ethan - No.

Me - Well, it helps if she knows about it.

Ethan - Yah.....

a few seconds go by.....

Me - You know when you get married you can't live with Mom and Dad any more.

Ethan - Never mind, I'm not going to marry Madison. I want to be like Uncle Russell and live with you guys when I grow up.

I love that kid so much. I take it that since he wants to be with us when he grows up, that he is enjoying himself now. I'm not sure when to break it to him that whether or not he is married he most likely will not be living with us when he is older. I guess I should just enjoy it before he turns into a teenager and starts yelling at me about "blowing this popsicle stand" as soon as he graduates.

6 comments:

melanie said...

So sweet. Your kids are getting so big. Pretty soon he will be telling you about all the stuff he's going to do when he's grown up.

princess jen said...

Love that dirt pile! What lucky kids you have!! Anya doesn't necessarily want to live with me, but she does want to live next door. I find it quite flattering. I'm happy she likes me so much. I worry about the whole high school thing too!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I can't wait for Mya to go to school now :). I love what little kids come up with. I miss you and love you tons!

Miriam said...

Funny funny boy. I'm glad he wants to live with you, because you are right some day he will me crazy excited to leave.

Erin said...

Ethan is too cute!!

Joanna said...

What a cute boy! It's so fun to hear the conversations kids have and get a glimpse of what their little minds are thinking.